Monday, May 26, 2014

Emeline Judith Taft (1833-1917): 1880 Census Record

This is a followup to this post.  I hadn't been able to find the record of Emeline Taft Washburn in the 1880 census.  However today while searching for something else concerning my 3rd great grandmother, I came across the record.

Here is a link to the record.

In 1880, she was living in Ogden, Utah with her son Wallace Taft Washburn (my 2nd great grandfather.)  The occupation listed is "Keeping House." The age listed in 1880 is 45.  She is also listed as a widow in the census record which only deepens this mystery.

The age listed for Wallace is 22 and his occupation is listed as laborer.

Emeline and Wallace are listed as living with a Lewis and Joanna Taft, both age 75.  These are probably her father and step-mother.  Lewis would be my 4th great grandfather

No comments:

Post a Comment