Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Crowdsourcing Family History

I have recently been thinking about getting my genealogy online for the purpose of possibly connecting with others that might been looking for information on the same ancestors I am working on. But I wasn’t sure of the best way to do that. I have seen some people put pedigree charts online but beyond names, dates and family connections, there’s not much other information to get from that. I’m just as interested in the stories behind the names and finding out what their lives were like when they were alive.

Then the other day, I ran across a family history blog with some information on a couple of my ancestors and I thought that was a great idea for sharing information. So this blog was born. I’m hoping to share what information I have on some of my ancestors and hoping others might be able to share with me. I think of this as crowdsourcing my family history efforts. So check back as I start posting about some of my ancestors and hopefully through the magic of the internet, I’ll be able to learn a lot more than I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment