Saturday, April 14, 2012

Axel Laures Fikstad Sr. (1865-1940): Death Certificate



The is the death certificate of my 2nd great gradnfather Axel Laures Fikstad, Sr. that I obtained from the Utah State Archives online.

Axel was born in Norway on March 13, 1865.  (The death certificate lists the city as Sanasun.  My records list the city as Sasberg.)

He died December 16th, 1940 in Salt Lake City, Utah at the age of 75.  The cause of death is listed as senility which in my mind is a bizarre choice. 

His father is listed as Hans Fikstad.  His mother is listed as unknown.  (Her name is Helena.)

Listed as widowed from his wife Hannah C. Fikstad.  I do know that they divorced in (I believe) 1912.

His occupation is listed as a merchant in the retail grocery business.


No comments:

Post a Comment