Sunday, December 9, 2012

Wills

We are going way back for this post.  I discovered the wills for 2 ancestors online.

The first is for my 5th great grandfather Rudolph Larash from Macungie Twp, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania.

http://files.usgwarchives.org/pa/northampton/wills/laras0001.txt

Basically he gives all his land to his sons and has his sons pay each of his daughters 100 pounds.  His daughter Mary Magdalene is my 4th great grandmother.  He appears to call her Sally in the will.  (Mary Magdaline is the mother of Lucinda Romig (my 3rd great grandmonther.)

This next will is for his father (my 6th great grandfather) Ludwig Laross.

http://files.usgwarchives.org/pa/northampton/wills/laros0001.txt

From what I have gathered, Ludwig was actually from France and his name was Jean Louis la Rose.  He appears to have started using a German version of his name when he married into this group of German immigrants in Pennsylvania.  He calls his wife Cunnigunda.  Another source shows her name as Ann Kunigunda Schadin.

No comments:

Post a Comment