Saturday, June 16, 2012

Caroline Penn (1817-1854): Gravesite



The is the gravesite of Caroline Penn, my 3rd great grandmother. The photo comes from the findagrave.com website.

She is buried in the Salt Lake City Cemetery in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The following paragraph about her life is included in the website:

Caroline was born in Brighton, England to Thomas Penn and Sarah Edwards. As a young woman Caroline was head dressmaker in a large dressmaking establishment in London. She married Henry in 1845 in London and joined the LDS church in 1851. They traveled to America in 1853 settling in Salt Lake City, Utah. Caroline made the costumes for the old Salt Lake Dramatic Company where her husband was a lead actor. She died at age 47. Brigham Young spoke at her funeral and Eliza R. Snow wrote a poem in her memory and gave it to the family. She is buried next to Henry in the Salt Lake City Cemetery.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I Just came across your website and am wondering how we are related. Caroline Penn is also my 3rd great grandmother! :) I am working on Familysearch.com and am finding some errors and am looking for information on Caroline Penn's mother Sarah Edwards and then also Sarah Edward's parents. ... do you have any information on them? :) how exciting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I have anything beyond what's in FamilySearch. I'll check and let you know if I have anything.

    ReplyDelete